Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Work starts on the back section

Got some more work done over the weekend and have also been doing a bit of work at night for an hour or two most days. Started getting the end section ready for painting. This had similar reinforcing panels underneath to those I found on the front section though it only had them on the outsides not the middle (the front section had the middle part covered by a panel as well). I couldn't quite the end section fully upright as it hit the ridge beam in the garage so I had to prop it up as high as I could which makes for a bit of an awkward angle for working on it.





To date I have cut out the panels and given the underside of the floor a good going over with the wirebrush on the drill and a screwdriver/chisel to scrape all the underbody seal off and expose the paint. I applied a thin coat of paint stripper and scrubbed it down to remove any bad paint. Now I need to wash it down with degreaser and then paint it. With 3 weeks until we head off on our Europe trip that will probably be as much as I will get done before we go. I might start lining the three pieces up and think about where to cut them neatly to get a nice tight join - but probably won't make a start on cutting.

No comments:

Post a Comment